Special Educational Needs & Disability
All staff at Huish Episcopi Primary School are committed to providing the best learning opportunities for all children.
We are an inclusive school, working together with parents/carers and a wide range of outside agencies and professionals. This enables us to provide individualised provision to best meet any additional educational, social and emotional needs for our pupils.
Who do I see if I am worried?
- Your child’s Class Teacher is your first point of contact. You can arrange to speak to the Class Teacher after school, usually by appointment.
- You can also arrange to speak to the school’s SENCO—Liz Ramsay.
- An appointment with the Head of School can be made through the School Office.
Who might work with my child?
Huish Episcopi Primary School has an excellent team of teachers and support staff that have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
It may be necessary to involve outside professionals to support the school in planning an appropriate for provision for your child. You will be included in the process of referring to these services. These could include:
- Learning Support Advisory Teachers
- Ups and Downs
- Physical impairment and Medical Support
- Hearing Impairment Advisory Teachers
- Visual impairment Advisory Teachers
- Educational Psychologist
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Advisory Teachers
- Autism and Communication Advisors
- Integrated Therapy Services which include Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy
- School Nurse Team
- CAMHS (Children and Adults Mental Health Services)
- Children’s Social Care
For more information, you can download the following documents which detail our approach, plans and policies for catering to special educational needs.
- Additional Education Needs Leaflet
- Accessibility Plan
- Special Education Needs Report 2017
- Special Education Needs Policy
Information on Local Services & Core Standards
Somerset have a dedicated website to help find information on local services to help children, young people and their families. This includes a set of Core Standards designed to ensure all education settings are compliant with up-to-date legislation with regards to SEN provision. For a summary, detailed booklet and other information on the services available see somersetchoices.org.uk/family.
You are able to access parental support from Nicky Buckler our PFSA (Parent Family Support Advisor). You can contact her directly on 07825 833556. Alternatively referrals can be made to the PFSA via the SENCO: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact Parent Partnership for advice on: