Huish Community Learning Partnership
Through the Huish Community Learning Partnership, we work together to raise the aspirations and achievements of all our pupils.
We are a member of the Huish Community Learning Partnership. It is the federation of Huish Episcopi Academy and its 11 feeder primary schools, serving Langport and surrounding villages. The partnership educates children from Reception through to Upper Sixth Form. It is our belief that through working together, we will raise the aspirations and achievements of all our pupils.
Our members share these common strategic objectives:
- Through collaboration and challenge.
- Raise attainment within the partnership
- Improve learning and teaching across a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Share good practice, resources and policies
What joint activities and events take place to enhance learning throughout the partnership?
Each year the CLP write a development plan. From this we plan our calendar.
For children this may include:
- Sports fixtures and festivals; opportunities to try a diversity of new sports
- Theatre groups and opportunities to see plays
- Public speaking competitions
- Music festivals/events – opportunities to perform
- Specialist lessons- science/maths/writing etc
- Summer school
We have created a ‘core’ and enhanced offer for all our pupils. This is called our CLP passport.
For staff and adults in the partnership, this may include:
- Training days for all school staff
- Targeted training for staff in different roles, for example, Early Years and maths and English subject leadership, first aid, minibus training, opportunities to work alongside school improvement advisers
- Sharing best practice, data and providing support
- Meetings to update staff on new initiatives
- PFSA support
- Joint procurement of resources
- Workshops, policies or documents to support work in school