Langport Clock Works – Traffic Disruption
Written on Wednesday 29th August, 2018
We are writing to let you know about
…Langport Town Clock Restoration and potential traffic queues
Thanks to the generosity of the public, Langport Town Trust are delighted to announce that the Town Clock Restoration is due to start on 28th August
We are carrying out the project in two phases to reduce disruption as much as possible
- Phase One – 28 August to 1 September, 2018
- Phase Two – 11 to 13 September, 2018
- Due to the size of the clock, the scaffolding will infringe onto the road
- This means single file traffic and 3 way traffic lights. These will be manned by an operative from 08:00 – 18:00 each day to ensure the traffic flows as smoothly as possible and to allow for the bus stops to operate as normal.
We ask for your cooperation and support during this project.
- All Drivers – Please be patient at the Traffic Lights.
- Delivery Vans – Please do not stop to unload on Bow street. Please use the free car parks instead
- Larger transport vehicles – Please be aware of the narrow road and pinch points on the bend of North Street and near The Angel Café and Bow Street Dentist
- Pedestrians, The Zebra Crossing will also be closed – Please Take Care when Crossing the Road
More detailed information is available on our website
Thank you in advance for your co-operation and support and we apologise in advance for any inconvenience
Administrative Officer / Project Officer
My normal working hours are Monday to Wednesday 9am – 3.30pm
The office is open to the public Tuesday & Thursday 10am – 4pm
Langport Town Council,
Town Hall, Bow Street, Langport
TA10 9PR Tel: 01458 259700