Welcome to Northmoor Class – Year 3 and 4
The Traits we need to succeed:
Year 3 and 4
Welcome to Northmoor Class! We are going to have a fantastic year full of learning, discovery and working together as a team. There will be fun times, tough times and light-bulb moments but, most of all, we hope every child in Northmoor Class will grow in confidence and happiness throughout the year. It is vital that we work together to ensure the children are on track and making progress, so please do not hesitate to come and see us or write a note in the children’s planners regarding any concerns or things we need to know. We hope you will be happy for us to do the same so that we are all working towards the same goal – outstanding progress for every child!
Mrs Kenchington & Mrs Perry
We are delighted to have Miss Robinson working with us undertaking further class support and interventions. This means children will have regular interventions (as needed) and can be supported in those areas of learning they find more challenging.
We have PE and ICT support from Mrs Ramwell.
Swimming – Autumn Term 2019
Learn with Us Sessions
The next ‘Learn with Us’ session will be on Thursday, 23 May 2019 from 2.30pm-3.30pm:
The next Celebration Assembly will be on Friday, 28 June 2019 at 3.00pm. (Top gate opens at 2.50pm.)
Please support your child in bringing the following items to school every day:
Book bag containing:
- School Planner and reading book
- A coat/sunhat clearly marked with their name.
- A water bottle and a fruit snack
PE kits should stay in school throughout the week. Please provide jogging bottoms and spare socks for when the weather is cold and wet. The bag, sports shoes and all clothes items should be labelled clearly.
- Children need to read daily and parents are asked to sign the planner to verify this.
- There will be one activity or task per week to carry out on MyMaths. It is important that the planner is checked every day as it will recorded in there as to when homework is set and due in.
- Every child has access to Bug Club and should listen to the relevant chapter for the week.
- Children have been encouraged to practise the Whole School Spelling Challenge at home. This is not expected for all children but it is fantastic for them to set themselves the target of improving and working through the levels.
- Child specific homework is given in any subject, on any occasion, if content has been missed or requires additional practise to embed.
The children in Northmoor Class have designed a superb Class Charter:
- Be respectful
- Be kind to others
- To try our best
- We never give up
- We have fun
Useful Links for our Parents
Research homework tasks: