Welcome to Kingsmoor Class! We have lots of exciting things planned for the year.
We hope to continue a partnership between home and school.
Parents, please come and speak to us, or write us a message in your child’s red School Planner, if you have any concerns you would like to discuss.
We continue to have Mrs Leigh supporting us in class as our teaching assistant.
We have ICT and PE support from Mrs Ramwell, Dance tuition from Lou Barrett of GingerFred, French with Mrs Spencer, Music with Mrs Thompson (who returns from maternity leave this term) and PE sessions supported by Premier Sports.
See our termly curriculum newsletter below, for information about the learning taking place this term.
Curriculum Newsletters and Overview
- Kingsmoor Class Curriculum Newsletter Autumn Term 2017
- Kingsmoor Class Curriculum Newsletter Spring Term 2018 First Half
- Kingsmoor Class Curriculum Newsletter Spring Term 2018 second Half
- Kingsmoor Class Curriculum Newsletter Summer Term 2018
Please support your child in bringing the following items to school every day:
Book Bag containing:
- School Planner and reading book
- Homework folders: these should stay in the bag so that we can refer to them or add to them at any point.
- A coat/ sunhat clearly marked with their name.
- A water bottle and a fruit snack.
PE kits should stay in school throughout the week. The bag, sports shoes and all clothes items should be labelled clearly.
Many thanks for your support in this.
Swimming starts this term. Please ensure your child has their kit in school on the relevant days. See letter:
- Swimming Kingsmoor Summer Term 2018 Letter to Parents 20-4-18
- Swimming Kingsmoor Summer Term 2018 Letter to Parents 20-4-18 amended 9-5-18 (contains updated swimming dates)
Summary of Kingsmoor’s Swimming Dates – Summer Term 2018
|Monday||11, 18, 25 June; 2, 9 July||2.00pm-3.00pm|
|Tuesday||3, 10 July||2.00pm-3.00pm|
|Wednesday||13, 20, 27 June||2.00pm-3.00pm|
Year 5s in Kingsmoor Class have weekly homework, which is set every Friday. This work is to consolidate learning already covered in class and so should need minimum supervision from parents.
Year 6s have 10 minute activites to do every day in the form of CGP booklets.
Children need to read daily for 20 – 30 minutes and parents are asked to sign the School Planner to verify this. Pupils also need to practice their times tables and spelling.
SATs Assessment for Year 6 Pupils
SATs week for Year 6 starts on Monday the 14th May 2018.
- SATs Assessment Parent & Carer Information Sheet
- Letter to Year 6 Parents re Bowling Outing on 17 May sent 30-4-18
- Letter-to-Year-6-Parents re Breakfast SATs 11-5-18
Click here to visit our class gallery.
Useful Links for our Parents